Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dialogue


Joe Williams   
Erman
February 27, 2013
The fight
            While walking home it came to be that this day was no win for me.  It started out fine then turned bad when my friend yelled out with a face and voice of that of a woman scorn from pain. I knew she wanted to rumble with words.
“You are going to be late again you fool!” 
I reacted as best I could, “I will be fine we are doing calculations on the plans for this week.  I’m trying to see if you wanted to hang….”
As I continued she interrupted me, “Why haven’t you got anything to wear today? And why are you not looking at me when you talk?”
I told her, “I will wear what I want. This is not casual work day this is the day we plan I don’t need to look good.” Her voice echoing though the halls of the house I knew that I was in for more.
She said, “What is wrong with you your acting like you don’t give a care about the world and me!”
As a counter measure I responded with, “But I do care about you dear I really do I just don’t see the point about fancy dressing for a meeting about plans that’s all.”  
            Her face now red with blush and anger both which I thought I would stay away from.  She crept closer to me with footsteps of a giant walking to Jack like in the story Jack and the Bean stock.
“I noticed your doing that thing again!”
“What thing I have no idea what you’re barking at?”
“You know well I see that you want to go but I say then go leave with shame on your face.”
“You know what I’m lost in this talk so I will leave.”
"You do that, also have a great day."
"Wait what? oh o.k. have a good day too talk to you later."
As the fight digressed know one knows who won that day as for me I say I took a good licking and I know in the future there will be more.  People say we are a married couple fighting I just say she wants to vent on a pillow that is me. 

1 comment:

  1. You do a good job of portraying one as the aggressor and the other person as the victim. The male seems to be lost and isn't investing much or encouraging the argument. This is shown in his puzzlement over her comment of having a good day. He wonders why she would wish him a good day when she seems to be so angry. And I'm sure his response ("oh. o.k. have a good day too") inflames her!

    ReplyDelete